Hp printer is very popular among all the people globally as there are more than 200 million users who actively make use of the hp printer. No doubt it is a reliable gadget for the office people as it gives the productive output as compared to other printers. But many users complaint asked for Hp printer troubleshooting because they face the problems during the installation, setup of the hp printer and configuration problem, etc.
Get HP Printer Troubleshooting Guidance
To get Hp Printer Troubleshooting guidance, you can contact our Hp printer support team who is always ready to help their users who are dealing with an error related to Hp Printer and they will provide a Hp printer Troubleshooting guidance. If you are also hanging up with the same issue, then you have landed at the right place. As through this blog, we will provide you a few steps for Hp Printer troubleshooting. You can call at the toll-free number 1-844-769-9823 and one of our technical experts will get in touch with you with solutions to your problem.
What is the Common HP Printer Troubleshooting?
When your Hp printer won’t print, there can be many reasons behind it. It can be due to out-of-date drivers, bad configurations in Windows, faulty connections, etc. Even it can show Hp printer troubleshooting when there is no ink or the paper gets jammed. But you need not worry as; we are here to help you when Hp printer Troubleshooting errors are not solved on your own.
Some Reasons For HP Printer Troubleshooting
- When your Hp printer won’t print
- Unable to scan the file
- Mostly the error occurs due to paper jam
There can be more reasons for Hp printer troubleshooting. But to get it to fix you can contact our support team of Hp printer who will help you and guide when you are not able to fix it on your own.
Top Common Steps for HP Printer Troubleshooting
It is obvious that before fixing the error you must know the cause of the error why it has appeared. And for the Hp printer, there can be an issue of software of the printer or might be on the laptop or PC. The cable that connects your Hp printer and your computer may get damaged due to which the performance of the printer gets affected. In this section, we will discuss the steps for Hp printer troubleshooting, so that you can make use of your Hp printer without any interruption.
There are some easy troubleshooting steps that you can follow to make sure your Hp printer is working properly or it never gets stopped.
· The first step to follow is to check the connection of your cables and Hp printer power connector, that they are connected to the wall power or not.
· If it is then you need to check the cables connecting your Hp printer to the Windows PC. If it is also connected then you might check the USB cable which should be firmly placed on both the ends properly. It should not be too loose.
· Even if you have network cable running on the Hp printer for the Hp networking printing then make sure that your Ethernet cable is snugged and even check it manually to see that the lights should be blinking through which you can get an idea that a network connection is there.
· The next thing you need to check is that the lights on the front of your Hp printer are on. If the light is not on, then you may need to check the power if it is on or not. Then to make the power on you need to press the power on by plugging it back again into the power.
· If the light is still not on then you may try with another power plug this will be the case the outlet is out.
· If still nothing goes right and your printer is not printing out and it is not power on. Then you may contact our Hp printer support team through which your Hp printer troubleshooting gets resolved.
Step 2: Check the Status of the HP Printer
· Firstly, you have to make sure that your Hp printer has ample of papers in the paper tray. If there are enough, then you have to make sure that none of the paper is stuck or get jammed in the paper feed. Then you may need to contact the support team to get the paper jammed issue fix by calling at the toll-free number . As you can get the best guidance to remove the paper as if you do it on your own then you may ruin the paper feeder or internal motor.
· Next, you need to see if there is enough ink or toner. If it is empty it will give Hp printer troubleshooting issues. If there is no ink, then you might contact the support team of the hp printer to know how you can check the ink level or toner level for your Hp printer. As most of the printers show the ink level as they have the light on the front screen of the printer to display the ink level if there will be an issue.
Even if you are not able to check, then you can call our Hp printer support team and they will guide you in checking the ink and removing the error of Hp printer troubleshooting.
Step 3: Accurate Command to HP Printer
Being an electronic device, Hp printer troubleshooting will function just as you command the printer. And you need to make sure you have given the right command and set the printing at the “Default printer”. To make your Hp printer at “default” Just follow the Hp printer Troubleshooting guide to fix your problem:
- Now, in the “Run” type the “Control” in the dialogue box
- It will open the Control Panel and then you have to select “Devices and Printers”
- When you will open it, right-click on the Hp printer option and make it your default printer and then apply it.
- Now, after following the above steps, your Hp printer troubleshooting error will remove and it will show you a green tick and your problem is solved.
Step 4: Clear the Previous Printing Command Traffic
When your printer is not able to take the command of printing it might be due to the previous printing job that it is not able to give the further command. And our Hp printer troubleshooting guide to make progress in the work then you may have to clear the command which is stuck in the past and then you can command the printer for a fresh print.
You can follow the below steps to remove the printer jobs:
- Firstly, go to the windows control panel and from there you need to select “Devices and Printers” By typing “Control Panel” in the search bar on your Window or you can press the window logo key and “R” from the keyboard to open the Run dialog and then you have to type “control” and then press enter. It will take you directly to the control panel.
- Now, you have to find a Hp printer in the list of the printing devices and this is on which is having the issue. Then right-click on it and then select the “See what’s printing” from the drop-down list
- Moreover, you have to check when the new page opens you need to click on the “Printer” in the top right and then you have to select the “Open as Administrator” in the drop-down menu.
- After it, open the “Printer” menu from the top right and then you have to select the “Cancel All the documents”. At this time, it shows you a dialogue box to get your confirmation and now to clear the print queue you have to select the “Yes” option.
Now, you can check if your printers run the command made by you to check if the issue of Hp printer troubleshooting disappears. If this does not get resolved, you can follow the next step.
Step 5: Update the Driver
When you will update the driver it will automatically scan your computer and will detect the problem in your driver on the computer. For this, you even don’t know what operating system your computer is running. It is also possible to update the Hp driver automatically to the updated version.
Driver Support will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers on your computer. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running. It is possible to update the HP Drivers automatically with the Premium version of Driver Support.
- Here likewise, you need to go to the Device Manager by right-tapping on the Start button.
- Then search for the alternative of printers, it will show you the rundown of the printer where you need to choose your own Hp printer.
- Right-click on it, if there will be any update available for the driver, select it.
- Then, move to the next wizard, here it will show you the choice of introducing a driver physically.
- Further, click on the alternative where it will request that you pick the accessible drivers on your computer.
- Now, select the most recent form and snap on the Next button. Your driver will get appropriately introduced.
Step 6: Replace the duplicate parts of hardware with original
If none of the above steps helped you to remove the Hp Printer Troubleshooting? Then you can read the aforementioned section that will help you in remove the Hp printer troubleshooting:
- The very simple and common thing you need to check is, check if your Hp printer is having enough quantity of ink, papers, and toner to work with.
- Rectify if you see any paper jam issue.
- Try to replace the printer cartridge with a new one, as most of the time it becomes an issue.
- Even, the difficulty arises when you replace the original parts with the duplicate one to evade the problem of printing in the future.
Alternative steps for Hp printer Troubleshooting
Before going to any technician you can check the basic connection between your Printer and the computer. For this, you need to check if both the devices are connected to power or not.
The other way is by unplugging the devices from the power and then wait for few seconds and then restarting it again. All the technical glitches get resolved when you restart your device. Even, Hp printer Troubleshooting problem may get fixed.
Uninstall the Driver
Even you have checked the basic connection and it is still not printing the files, then the best way is to reinstall the driver.
- Firstly you need to go to the Control Panel and then you will see the option of “Devices and Printers”.
- Here you have to find your Hp printer and then select the “Remove Device” by right-clicking on the drop-down menu.
- It will ask for your confirmation through a dialogue box.
- Now you need to download the latest printer driver for your printer from the official site.
- You have to also make sure the driver you are downloading is compatible with the Windows version.
- Once the driver gets downloaded, install it and you can run the printer smoothly.
Get the one-stop solution for Every Hp Printer Troubleshooting?
Hp printers are no doubt widely used by millions of users and it will show you some errors. But why you are worrying if our Hp printer support team is there to help you in your problem. You have to just call us at our toll-free number 1-844-769-9823 and our executive will get in touch with you with a supportive answer to your problem. We are always available for your service. We are working 24*7 hours a day. Not to wait, just call us if you are facing Hp printer troubleshooting.